The Historical Harp Society is an international association of people who love the harp, particularly in its historical context. The purposes of our society are:
- To cultivate, foster, sponsor, and develop appreciation of the art, history, literature, and uses of historical harps.
- To promote appreciation of and to raise the level of proficiency in the performance and use of historical harps.
- To keep historical harp makers and performers, along with other friends of the historical harp, informed about literature and activities pertaining to historical harps, and to provide occasions for them to meet.
- To promote the use of historical harps as professional instruments, and to encourage their use among amateurs.
- To encourage the reconstruction of historical harps.
- To collect and disseminate information regarding the construction of and performance upon historical harps.
President: Jennifer Sayre
Vice-President: Christa Patton
Secretary: Flory Nye-Clement
Treasurer: Frances Duffy
Board of Trustees